Good news! OCMA is pleased to announce that the 2012 Market/Equity Request process will begin, with the goal of completion by November 28, 2012.
An equity request can be brought forward by a County Department/Agency or by OCMA, on behalf of individual managers. Due to the County’s continuing budget shortfall, we do not anticipate many equity requests will be brought forward from County Department/Agencies this year. OCMA will bring forward viable manager’s equity requests for consideration in 2012.
The 2012 Market/Equity Request format is available on the OCMA website, by clicking 2012 Market Equity Review Request. Please submit a form, with justification and organization chart, only if you believe there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in your pay when compared to your specific peer positions. Also, Pay for Performance (P4P) increases of employee’s pay (peers) will not be considered for purposes of comparisons when evaluating requests.
When reviewing the requests, highest consideration will be given to:
- Managers whose pay is not in the same “range” as peer positions (generally more than a 5% difference) when compared to managers with the same responsibilities, duties, tenure, etc.
- Managers in unique positions where peer comparisons do not exist in the County and external comparisons justify that the manager’s current pay is unrealistically low.
An equity request will not be considered if:
- The manager has not passed probation in your current classification
- Generally, if manager received an equity increase in 2011
- There is not a significant pay differential between you and other managers with the same responsibilities
Please submit your 2012 Equity Requests (complete with request form, justification and organization chart) to OCMA by dropping it off at the office (if the office is locked, simply slip it under the door), mailing it to the office, faxing it to 714-953-6262, or by e-mail to email@example.com – as soon as possible, but prior to 5:00 pm on September 21, 2012. Thank you.